Material Control Specialist II (m/f/d) Night Shift in South Carolina
Volke Consulting Ltd. (Greenville, SC) seeks
Material Control Specialist II (m/f/d) in SC, Night Shift
- Efficiently ensures availability of the right parts in the right quantity, at the right software level (E/E) and at the right time to support the Plant Spartanburg production program and Material Supply targets as they align to production goals.
- Performs basic data processing and parameter administration in the Material Control System.
- Controls part availability for on-going series production, parts run-in and run-out, and processing of technical and software changes within the scope for minimization of obsolescence costs.
- Monitors internal supply chain processes impacting part availability line side throughout multiple departments including Procurement, Engineering, Assembly and other Logistics Departments.
- Maintains and analyzes the monthly Supplier rating and yearly SUMIS (Supplier Management Information System) rating information. Initiates corrective actions with Supplier and required escalations as delegated by the Section Manager, Pwrtrn, BiW and Exterior Parts.
- Monitors the training of new hires
- Controls supplies and stock by timely planning the correct quantity at the correct software level of parts, while at the same time optimizing the stock on hand.
- Performs interrogation of multiple data sources (GPS/TAIS/SAP) to ensure information integrity.
- Ensures adequate information flow to keep management informed concerning E/E issues, following proper escalation procedures.
- Overall, on-time execution of internal and external delivery requirements.
- Coordinates efforts with internal and external customers to maintain parts supply to productions. Interfaces with Procurement, Engineering, Physical Logistics, Assembly and Manufacturing technologies to achieve implementation of new software levels.
- Ensures the availability of materials for future requirements at the correct software level.
- Coordinates the economical transportation with freight companies to ensure timely pickup and delivery of materials with our Lead Logistic Provider (LLP) or Physical Logistics Group.
- Previews inventories of parts on the floor and in the warehouse and makes computer adjustments as necessary to ensure accurate releases.
- Coordinates internally with all departments and vendors during build outs, design changes and software level changes to provide accurate data to eliminate excess overages and shortages.
- Runs Material Requirements Planning (MRP) reports, supplier releases and delivery schedules to ensure material availability.
- Coordinates flash campaigns with Assembly, Engineering, Physical Logistics and contractor including line feed situations.
- Determines flash locations (internal, external).
- Coordinates mode of transportation changes.
- Coordinates the hardware breaks and changes within the E/E team.
- Reports to management on current situation, cost savings, obsolescence and other E/E issues.
- Implements process improvements and cost savings.
- Serves as a core member of the E/E coordination meetings (weekly CCB, CoC and SIT).
- Coordinates I-Stufen implementation meetings for series and flash campaign meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: BA/BS degree in Logistics, Business Administration, International Business or 4 years equivalent professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- 4+ years of related experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- 3-5 years knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Office, SAP, TAIS (preferred)
- 3-5 years communication skills both verbal and written
- 3-5 years German or Spanish language skills (preferred)
- 3-5 years leadership skills
For more information about this opportunity please contact our office in Greenville +1 864252 5308 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLKE Consulting Engineers GmbH & Co. Planung KG