Logistics Structure & Material Flow Planning Specialist II (m/f/d) in Spartanburg, SC
Volke Consulting Ltd. (Greenville, SC) seeks
Logistics Structure and Materials Flow Planning Specialist in Spartanburg, SC
As a Logistics Structure and Materials Flow Planning Specialist you will perform planning of logistics structures in the plant and the warehouses.
This role is located in the Greer, SC area.
- Manages strategic planning and reporting. Performs layout planning for the warehouse, connected logistics elements and future plant expansion.
- Performs Logistics Process Planning, Long Term Investment Planning (LIP) and analysis on space requirements for LUP (Long Term Enterprise Planning).
- Works independently in leading logistics projects.
- Investigates, improves, and stabilizes overall logistics processes in support of company targets.
- Calculates Days of Supply simulations for Logistics Structure Requirements and recommends changes based upon supplier locations. Verifies and analyzes structural data including movement of trailers and product.
- Works with large data sets from both within and external to the company and conducts advanced analytical tasks and data mining.
- Analyzes cost of storing inventory.
- Drives process improvements for optimized warehouse strategy. Develops methods/methodologies to support the planning process. Writes decision papers to support process of structural investment in logistics.
- Works with Facilities & Energy for designing layout (2D) and structure
- (3D) of logistics areas.
- Performs financial analysis of contracts with logistics services vendor and interacts with them on structure and layout issues.
- Supports and update logistics planning tool LPP doing time analyses using MTM or time study data.
- Performs other duties as assigned by operations supervisor.
- BA/BS degree, preferably with focus in Logistics or Supply Chain planning or the equivalent of 4 years experience in the related area in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of related experience to include 2 of the following areas: material control, warehouse/plant operations, or warehouse/plant layout.
- 2+ years of supervisory/project leadership.
- 3+ years Data Analytics
- 3+ years Ability to work effective in teams
- 3+ years MS office application skills, (VISIO preferred)
- 3+ years Presentational skills.
- 3+ years Communication and interpersonal skills, ability to foster networks and partnerships, and good working knowledge of information and computer technologies.
- 3+ years Analytical skills and judgment.
- 3+ years Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
- Fluency (written & spoken) in English language skills; German preferred.
- 3+ years Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- 1+ years Experience within time study methods as REFA, MTM or BMW standard data (preferred).
- 1+ years Work experience within LPP (Logistics planning platform) (preferred).
This is a position with a competitive salary and superior benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, FSA and 401K along with paid holidays and vacation days.
Please apply ONLY if you fulfill the above mentioned minimum requirements.
For more information about this opportunity please contact our office in Greenville +1 864252 5308 or email your resume to email@example.com
VOLKE Consulting Engineers GmbH & Co. Planung KG